Jobs at O3C
Would you like to work as a translator or quality controller for O3C?
If you are interested in working for us at O3C, you are more than welcome to give us a call or send us an email. We are always interested in getting in touch with engineers, medical experts and scientists with an interest in languages. But please remember, that you may only translate into your mother tongue.
At O3C we also have a team of quality controllers that function as discussion partners and mentors for translators, helping them with the technical, linguistic and patent aspects of their translations. We are therefore also interested in hearing from people who have experience in working as patent engineers or patent consultants. Most of our quality controllers come from a patent firm or patent office such as the Swedish Patent Office or EPO.
We place the following requirements on our translators:
* You should have at least an Engineering or equivalent degree.
* As the source language in most cases will be Swedish, English, French or German, you should be a native (or near-native) speaker of at least one of these languages. In practice this means that someone translating from Swedish will normally have lived or studied in Sweden or have a Swedish-speaking parent. (For translations into Swedish, please see our Swedish webpage.) Your target language can only be your mother tongue. At the moment we are especially looking for native Chinese, Japanese, Korean and European translators.
* It is also essential that you can express yourself very well in writing in your target language. However, you do not need to have any prior knowledge of patents, as you will receive training in patent translation from O3C.
If you have the following qualifications, we would like to hear from you:
* Several years of experience working directly with patents, for example as a patent consultant or a patent engineer at a national patent office or EPO.
* Or, previous experience of translating patent documents.
* It is beneficial if you have experience in translating high-tech texts.
You can reach us by phone or email:
Tel. no. +46 (0)70 – 981 70 55